Saturday, September 6, 2008

end of week 2

Week 2 is drawing to a close. Many excellent blog entries and comments on the material in Chapters 4 and 5. My students in the summer said that blogging about the class material was a great way to better understand course concepts. And reading others' blogs highlighted concepts and points otherwise missed.

I have been going through and reading your entries, even if I don't comment on them. One goal for the blogging assignment is to get students talking with each other, rather than to me. The next time you're in an on campus class, observe the interaction. Generally, students talk to the instructor, even when they're making comments about what another student said. With blogging, the instructor isn't in the middle and you can communicate directly with each other.

I hope you're all having a great weekend! Be sure you finish up your blog entries and comments as well as Quiz 1 tonight by midnight.

~ Professor Cyborg

No comments: