Saturday, August 23, 2008

class launched, students messaged

I just contacted the COMM 101 students about the class via mySJSU messaging. I emailed eCampus twice about what information that office as sending out this semester. No response. In the summer session, the staff at eCampus didn't bother to contact the online students about how to get started and it led to the not unpredictable mess. And the staff also managed to give incomplete instructions for logging on to Blackboard. Thank goodness I only use it for quizzes and grades.

The good news is the class website is up and running. The wiki is waiting for me to invite students to join, which I'll do once I get their email addresses.

Ted, River and I are on our way over the hill to set up the office for the fall and then go to the department welcome party. I'll be spending this weekend putting the finishing touches on my class materials and responding to student emails. Let the fall semester begin!

~ Professor Cyborg

No comments: